2022 Aeroplan Contest
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. CONTEST SPONSOR: Park’N Fly Canada.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:01AM Eastern Time (ET) on November 1, 2022 and closes at 11:59PM (ET) on December 15, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
A) HOW TO ENTER –Register and Stay at a Participating Park’N Fly location: To qualify for a chance to win, entrants must complete the two steps as outlined below.
Step 1: Entrants must register their valid Aeroplan account number at www.parknfly.ca/aeroplancontest-register. Aeroplan number registration must be successfully submitted on the registration page on or before December 15, 2022 at 11:59pm ET.
Step 2: Entrant must add their Aeroplan account number to an eligible Park’N Fly transaction and complete the parking stay (check in and check out). Entrants can add the Aeroplan number to an eligible parking stay by presenting their Aeroplan card at checkout, adding the Aeroplan number when reserving at parknfly.ca, or logging into their Park’N Fly Rewards account and saving the Aeroplan number to the Park’N Fly Rewards profile and then completing a reservation at parknfly.ca or on the Park’N Fly app. One entry per eligible completed stay (check in and check out) at Park’N Fly locations in Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Ottawa and Halifax are permitted throughout the duration of the Contest Period. Excludes stays at Park’N Fly Montreal locations. Check in must occur on or after November 1, 2022 and check out must occur on or before December 15, 2022. Entrants must complete both Step 1 and Step 2 to qualify for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
B) HOW TO ENTER – No Purchase Necessary: For entry without purchase, entrants must register their Aeroplan number at http://www.parknfly.ca/aeroplancontest-register and then send their name, complete mailing address, phone number and Aeroplan member number in a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Park’N Fly Aeroplan Contest, C/O Park’N Fly Marketing Department, 5905 Campus Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4V 1P9. All purchase entries must be received by December 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm (ET).
3. PRIZES: There is one (1) GRAND PRIZE available to be won. The prize includes 100,000 Aeroplan points. Approximate value of prize – CAN $1,600.00.
4. CONDITIONS ATTACHED TO THE PRIZE:
I. The prize cannot be exchanged, transferred or substituted for cash.
II. Winner selection: The GRAND PRIZE will be randomly drawn from all entries and no purchase entries submitted or occurred between the periods of November 1, 2022 and December 15, 2022. Draw date will take place at the Park’N Fly office located at 5905 Campus Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4V 1P9 on December 19, 2022 at 10:00 AM (ET). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries during the contest period.
III. The GRAND PRIZE will be awarded as outlined in section 3, Prizes.
IV. Prize must be accepted as provided. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, may not be separated, and must be accepted as awarded. Cash equivalent substitution will not be available, nor can it be transferred to another person.
V. Aeroplan membership must be in good standing at time of contest draw to be eligible to win.
VI. By entering the Contest, each eligible entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, nor is associated with Aeroplan, its parent company Air Canada, and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and that Park’N Fly is fully responsible for the conduct and administration of the Contest, including the selection of winner(s) and the distribution of prizes.
VII. The Aeroplan Prize must be accepted as awarded. Aeroplan points have no cash value but are redeemable under the Aeroplan program for flights and other rewards. The retail value of rewards obtained using Aeroplan points will vary depending on a range of factors including the type of reward issued, details of which may be found at https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/aeroplan.html. Aeroplan points may be redeemed only in accordance with the General Terms & Conditions of the Aeroplan program. Full terms and conditions of the Aeroplan Program are available online at https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/aeroplan/legal/terms-and-conditions.html.
VIII. ®Aeroplan is a registered trademark of Aeroplan Inc. and ®Air Canada and the Air Canada maple leaf logo are registered trademarks of Air Canada, used under license by Aeroplan Inc. These trademarks are used by Park’N Fly under licensed authorization.
IX. By entering the Contest, each eligible entrant further covenants and agrees to keep harmless and to release from liability Aeroplan, its parent company Air Canada, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, subcontractors and affiliates with respect to any claims or actions, losses, fines or legal costs which arise, directly or indirectly in connection with the Contest and the administration thereof, the Contest Prize and any related activity.
5. HOW TO WIN: To be declared a winner of the Grand Prize, the winner entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, posed by telephone or email at a mutually convenient time. Eligible entrants providing an incorrect answer will no longer be eligible to win a prize in this contest. In addition, before being declared the winner of the Grand Prize, the winner will be required to sign a standard Release and Indemnity Form specific to the Grand Prize confirming understanding, compliance with and acceptance of the contest rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded along with a release of all liability satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor(s) and return the signed release form to the Contest Sponsor.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to residents of Canada excluding Quebec. Entrants must be over the age of 18 years on the contest draw date. Employees, immediate family and household members of such employees of the Contest Sponsor and any of their respective affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies are excluded from the Contest. This includes Park’N Fly Canada, Air Canada, as well as the Contest Sponsor’s respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising agencies and immediate families and household members. In these rules, immediate family is defined as spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents and in-laws.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
8. LIABILITY: Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
9. LIABILITY: Entrants and/or winners agree to waive any and all claims against the Contest Sponsor and/or any of its agents and release the Contest Sponsor and any of its agents from all liability from injury, property damage or any other loss sustained by the entrant and/or winner as a result of participation in the Contest due to cause whatsoever, including negligence, or duty of care by the Contest Sponsor and/or any of its agents.
10. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: By accepting the prize, the winner consents to the contest organizers publishing or announcing the Prize winner’s name and photograph(s) in future publicity, without permission or compensation. By entering this contest, the Grand Prize winner consents to the unlimited reproduction, publication use and distribution of photographs by Air Canada and/or Park’N Fly in all forms and media, and in all manners including advertising, trade, display, editorial, art, advertisements, video production, exhibitions, social media and website content.
11. PRIZE DELIVERY: Aeroplan points will be automatically deposited into the winners Aeroplan account within 30 days of the winner successfully completing the skill testing question and submitting the completed release form as outlined in section 5.
12. RELEASES: By entering this contest, entrants confirm that they have read and understood these Rules. Entrants also agree, should they become an eligible winner, that they will sign a Declaration of Compliance with the Rules, and a release form releasing the Contest Sponsor and any respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the Releases), from any and all claims or liability of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or a prize, including, without limitation, claims or liability in connection with the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize as awarded. All documents must be completed and returned within the period noted on those documents or the prize may be forfeited.
13. DISCLAIMER: a) All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor, who shall have no liability for lost, stolen, late, damaged or misdirected entries; for any failure of the website during the promotional period; for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor for any reason including, without limitation, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof; or for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in the contest. All entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are ineligible, incomplete, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
14. DISCLOSURES: Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, could be in violation of both criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize won.
15. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
16. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Contest Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
18. Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Contest judges as selected by the Contest Sponsor are final. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor without payment of any compensation in addition to the prize award to successful entrants.
19. Sponsor retains the right, in its absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of any component of the selected prize for any reason whatsoever.
20. MODIFICATION OF THE CONTEST: The contest organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, should an event or any human intervention occur that could alter or affect the management, security, impartiality or operation of the contest as provided for herein, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. If fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the corrupt or threaten to corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
21. Official Rules:
For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Park’N Fly Canada, 5905 Campus Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4V 1P9. Requests must be received by December 15, 2022 at 11:59PM (ET).
22. Official Rules & Names of Winners:
To obtain the names of the Official Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Park’N Fly Canada, 5905 Campus Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4V 1P9. Requests must be received by December 22, 2022 at 11:59PM (ET).