Posted OnAugust 3, 2022
Controller- Mat Leave Replacement (18 month contract)
Park’N Fly is Canada’s leading airport parking provider offering companies and consumers unique parking solutions and time-saving conveniences to suit their individual needs, is seeking an individual to fill the Controller- Mat Leave Replacement (18 month contract) role based in Toronto.
Working in a supportive team environment, this position is directly responsible for:
- Managing accounting department including the GL, accounts payable, payroll and administration.
- Reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and review staff work for the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close
- Managing month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for consolidated company in accordance with IFRS.
- Leading in preparation of annual budget for consolidated company.
- Acting as a primary contact for external, internal and government auditors
- Leading external financial audit process
- Researching and drafting memos on new accounting pronouncements
- Leading and mentoring accounting staff
- Working with IT to continuously improve, automate and streamline processes
- Acting as Project Manager on several projects
- Acting as a business partner to general managers, COO and sales director
- Working on ad-hoc special projects as assigned or as they arise with different departments of the business
Reporting to the VP of Finance and leading 7 accounting staff, the successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, is disciplined, responsive, and detailed oriented.
Skills & Requirements:
- Professional certification (CPA) is a requirement
- Solid knowledge of IFRS (International Financing Reporting Standards) and regulations.
- Proficient in using Excel (advanced level)
- Well organized with ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated and able to maintain strict deadlines for closing processes and project deadlines
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills with management experience
- Able to well independently and on a team
- Must have ability to travel within Canada by air
This is a hybrid role. Park’N Fly offers an attractive plan, inclusive of great benefits and a great environment to work in. If interested, please forward your resume to [email protected].